Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So, I am not dead, but I have been so busy getting back to life, that I feel like it has been months since I got home, not just two weeks. Life continues to progress, full steam ahead, and I feel like I am in a bad "B" movie hanging on to the caboose by my fingertips. When did our days become about the next task? I swore I wouldn't be THAT Mom, who is constantly shuttling her kids, strapped in the minivan, from place to place; activity, to activity. I want to be involved in my kids lives on more than a superficial level. What then, do I let go in order to be able to do that? Question of the day...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Berta,
I hope you don't mind my two cents for what it's worth. As my children have all almost grown up I have realized how much I wish I could get a do over. I wish I could slow it down and like you said not be always in a such a hurry to ge them or me somewhere. I never learned when they were young to love the journey as much as the destination. Just love it all of it, every imperfect, frustrating moment of it. It will be gone someday and you will wish it all back I promise. You're a good Mom remember that!!!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

If you figure it out, let me know! :) I have felt the same this week!

JoelandDeborah said...

Berta, you have to capture the little moments as you go along. You are completely amazing! You are doing the best things ever. Love, Deborah